Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting Prepared For The 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

So I wouldn't feel left out this Saturday I have decided to be a reader in the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. Unfortunately I never got the chance to get to know Dewey, but the Read-A-Thon will be held in her honor. Do you want to join and read for a full 24 hours too? Or perhaps be a cheerleader and support us readers throughout the day? Then sign up Here.

Without further ado, these are the books I plan on reading all day Saturday. I decided YA books would be easier, since I finish them quickly and would feel more accomplished. ;)


From the library:
  1. Peeled - Joan Bauer (247)
  2. Devilish - Maureen Johnson (263)
  3. Dramarama - E. Lockhart (305)
  4. Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life - Wendy Mass (289)
  5. Between Mom and Jo - Julie Anne Peters (232)
  6. Love and Lies - Ellen Wittlinger (245)



From my book shelf:

  1. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald (180)
  2. Choke - Chuck Palahniuk (304)
  3. Anthem - Ayn Rand (105)

Total Books: 9
Total Pages: 2,170

I plan on updating every hour on twitter [bookslove] and then updating on my blog every 2-3 hours. Is anyone else participating? If so, how do you plan on updating?

5 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Ooh - I need to get Peeled one of these days. I wish I could participate, but I might still do so unofficially. I'll be cheering you on!

Unknown said...

I never got to know Dewey either, but I have felt her influence. What an amazing woman. I'm going with YA too, but I haven't heard of any of the book you grabbed from the library. I might have gotten a little excited and compiled a stack of about 25 books. I doubt I'll be able to finish that. :)

Arleigh said...

Sounds like a great way to uphold her memory. Sadly having a 6 month old baby wouldn't allow me to participate. I'm lucky when she takes 2 hour naps so I can read! Good luck with it!

Jess. said...

I'm doing it, but you already know from the BB ning, I'm pretty excited about it. :) I'm planning on tweeting everytime I come across a good quote, and writing a review after every book is finished. I'm pre-setting up my review format, so all I'll have to do is fill in my thoughts. :)

tanabata said...

I haven't even heard of most of those books but they have some great covers! Good luck!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin