Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Finds (4)


Because I Am Furniture by: Thalia Chaltas

This cover is amazing. I tend to not like covers that feature real people because I like to be able to picture them myself without any image influence, so I love how they just used a silhouette. I also really like the title since the book is about abuse.



Once was Lost by: Sara Zarr

This is the second book by Sara Zarr on my Friday Finds list. I just really love her covers, the are so simple and yet so elegant and original. The storyline also looks very appealing.




Divorced, Beheaded, Died... by: Kevin Flude

I LOVE non-fiction (being a history major made this happen) and I love European history, so a non-fiction book about the monarchs of Britain is a perfect fit.
Plus? The cover features the same crown as my header ;)
Downside? I have to wait until September 17th :(


Did you find anything interesting this week?

15 comments:

avisannschild said...

Whoo, I agree, those first two covers are gold. And how neat that the third book features "your" crown!

♔ jessica.marie said...

Yeah when you search for basic images of crowns online there are only like 3 different ones ;)

avisannschild said...

I must admit, though, that I didn't notice the tweaking you've done to your site!

avisannschild said...

I meant to add, it's beautiful either way!

♔ jessica.marie said...

lol, Thanks!

I was actually just trying to tweak it a little bit, but not enough that it would be a HUGE difference. I made the background myself this time, so I wouldn't be using someone else's work and I wanted it to basically look the same :D

Jess said...

You have some great finds. I especially love the cover of the second book.

http://barneysbookblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

They sound great :O) Thanks for sharing them!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Very much looking forward to Once Was Lost!

Jen said...

I really like the look of Because I am furniture!

Kristi said...

That is pretty cool about the crown! Because I am Furniture has been on my TBR list also!

Melissa O. said...

Nice finds!

I have a little something for you on my blog. You can pick it up here.

Unknown said...

Hi. I'm not sure if you've received this award yet but I have an award here for you:

http://ulatbukuinthecity.blogspot.com/2009/04/more-blogging-awards-yayyyy.html

Becky said...

Thanks for the award you gave me Jessica. I have awarded someone else and linked back to your blog! :) Hope all is going well. Thanks again!

mjmbecky(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Chrissy said...

I never thought about how using a silhouette for a cover could be an advantage like that. :)

Teddyree said...

Love the cover of the Sara Zarr book.

There's a brand new award waiting for you at my place :-)
http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blogspot.com/2009/04/bookfriends-award.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin