Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Finds (10)

Hmmm so this week I figured I would try something different and add the synopsis for the books that I find, because I know that the cover of a book & the synopsis is what draws most people to a book. ;)


Donut Days by: Lara Zielin

I found this book on the Penguin website, and I immediately fell in love with the cover! I mean who wouldn't want to have powdered sugar fall on them like rain? :) And then I read the synopsis and I knew that I had to read it ... only downside though is it won't be released until August 6th, 2009. :(

Emma has a lot going on. Her best friend’s not speaking to her, a boy she’s known all her life is suddenly smokin’ hot and in love with her, and oh yes, her evangelical minister parents may lose their church, especially if her mother keeps giving sermons saying Adam was a hermaphrodite.

But this weekend Emma’s only focused on Crispy Dream, a hot new donut franchise opening in town, where Harley bikers and Frodo wannabes camp out waiting to be the first ones served. Writing the best feature story on the camp for the local paper might just win Emma a scholarship to attend a non- Christian college. But soon enough Emma finds the donut camp isn’t quite the perfect escape from all her troubles at Living Word Redeemer.

Did you find anything interesting this week?

7 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds really good. I have seen it on some blogs but I never knew what it was about. Great find!

Missy B. said...

I love the cover, too! It sounds good!

Jess said...

That is so funny because according to msn.com it is National Donut Day.

♔ jessica.marie said...

Hahahaha wow, I must be psychic lol ;)

.... or just really need to eat a donut :D

avisannschild said...

Hmm, not sure this sounds like my cup of tea.

Stop by my blog for a couple of awards!

Anonymous said...

This one sounds really cute. :)Although the cover makes me kind of hungry haha.

Darlene said...

That is a great cover although it really has me wanting a donut and it does sound good too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin