Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Finds (1)


Dancing to the Precipice: Lucie De La Tour Du Pin
and the French Revolution

by: Caroline Moorehead
This book caught my eye on Amy's blog because it is set in one of my favorite periods of history. The main character Lucie is also half Irish, which compels me to want to read it since I also have Irish in me. Luckily the book's release date in the states is June 30th, which means I have time to make a dent in my waiting to be read pile.

Confessions of a Former Child: A Therapist's Memoir
by: Daniel Tomasulo
I am mainly drawn to this book due to Drey's post, where she mentioned that the author believed he controlled traffic lights when he was younger... which is something I believed I had the power to do to. The cover of the book is amazing and I am sure if I saw it on a bookshelf I would pick it up.


3 comments:

Dan Tomasulo said...

I Knew there was someone else out there giving me competition. Any idea who is taking care of the DON"T WALK signs?

Alyce said...

I haven't heard of either of these books before. Thanks for sharing!

PeachyTO said...

I think I'll be adding Confessions of a Former Child to my TBR list. Thanks. ; )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin