Monday, March 9, 2009

2009 Ban On Spending Book List

Since I am an unempolyed college student at the moment and tend to buy books before reading the ones I have, I figured participating in the Ban on Spending Challenge would be helpful.
  1. Prom - Laurie Halse Anderson
  2. Persuasion - Jane Austen
  3. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
  4. Tales of the Madman Underground - John Barnes
  5. Audrey, Wait! - Robin Benway
  6. Tithe - Holly Black
  7. Valiant - Holly Black
  8. The Tory Widow - Christine Blevins
  9. Frozen Fire - Tim Bowler
  10. A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libba Bray
  11. Moloka'i - Alan Brennert
  12. A Lucky Child - Thomas Buergenthal
  13. Running with Scissors - Augusten Burroughs
  14. Naked Lunch - William S. Burroughs
  15. Plus - Veronica Chambers
  16. Secrets to Happiness - Sarah Dunn
  17. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
  18. If I Stay - Gayle Forman
  19. Annie on My Mind - Nancy Garden
  20. Eon: Dragoneye Reborn - Alison Goodman
  21. Mistress of the Sun - Sandra Gulland
  22. The Italian Lover - Robert Hellenga
  23. The Crimes of Paris - Dorthy & Thomas Hoobler
  24. Slam - Nick Hornby
  25. Prada & Prejudice - Many Hubbard
  26. The Reluctant Heiress - Eva Ibbotson
  27. To Dance with Kings - Rosalind Laker
  28. The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson
  29. Ghost Boy - Iain Lawrence
  30. To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee
  31. Mating Rituals of the North American Wasp - Lauren Lipton
  32. Wicked - Gregory Maguire
  33. Years of Dust: The Story of the Dust Bowl - Albert Marrin
  34. My Brother's Keeper - Patricia McCormick
  35. Katka: A Novella - Stephen Meier
  36. I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti - Giulia Melucci
  37. Cyote Blue - Christopher Moore
  38. Fluke - Christopher Moore
  39. Lamb - Christopher Moore
  40. Three Cups of Tea: Young Readers Edition - Greg Mortenson
  41. Peace, Love, & Baby Ducks - Lauren Myracle
  42. Chasing the Bear - Robert Parker
  43. Luna - Julie Anne Peters
  44. Choke - Chuck Palahniuk
  45. Lullabye - Chuck Palahniuk
  46. Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk
  47. Anthem - Ayn Rand
  48. Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
  49. We the Living - Ayn Rand
  50. Blindness - Jose Saramago
  51. This One is Mine - Maria Semple
  52. An Edible History of Humanity - Tom Standage
  53. Misfortune - Wesley Stace
  54. Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift
  55. The Street of a Thousand Blossoms - Gail Tsukiyama
  56. The Sirens of Titan - Kurt Vonnegut
  57. Pretties - Scott Westerfeld
  58. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg choke is amazing. after you read it, see the movie if you havent already. also amazing.

drey said...

Jessica.Marie ~ I should've stopped by earlier, SORRY!! =( I'm a bad challenge host...

That's quite the list you've got there! I hope you make better progress than I do, lol! =) & don't forget to come back & enter your crossed-off books in the 2nd Mr Linky...

Thanks for joining the challenge!

Jen said...

This would never work for me! I also have the tendency to order hardbacks or softcovers to make my whole series match (then I end up with doubles.

Suzanne Yester said...

Wow Jessica, I also have the tendency to buy more books before reading the ones I have! In fact there are quite a few on your list! ;-) Good luck with your challenge! Love your blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin